Registration for the courses at Tampereen seudun työväenopisto
(Instructions updated 11.5.2022)
1. Learn about course details from ‘Details’ (found in course information). When registering you commit to follow both enrolment and safety instructions. The course brochure can be found on the Työväenopisto home page.
2. Select the courses you wish to enrol on from the enrolment page. It is possible to add courses to your shopping basket when registration opens. If you are on the page before registration opens, you must refresh the page when it actually opens in order to be able to add your selected course to your shopping basket. You can enrol on multiple courses at the same time by adding them to your basket.
3. Fill in all the student details carefully. If the course allows you to register more than one student at a time, for example for adult–child courses, the + symbol should be used to add each student and fill in all the information of every participant before finishing the registration. Send the registration by clicking ‘Send registration’ on the right side of the page.
4. After sending the course registration, a confirmation of your registration will be shown on the screen. If you have written your email address correctly, you should receive confirmation and a payment link will also be sent to your email. Receiving the message may take several minutes. Please check your spam and junk mail folder if you do not receive a confirmation message at all. If the course is already full, you can registrate for a reserve place.
5. If you are unsure of whether you have a place on the course or wish to check your course registration later on, you can check it from the confirmation message received by email. You can also check your registration at the ‘My registrations’ link. Enter your email address and click ‘Send’. You should now get a link to your email and by following it you can check your registrations.
If you are unsure or have any questions related to enrolment please do not hesitate to contact us: tyovaenopisto(at)tampere.fi or by phone, tel. +358 40 801 6471.
6. The course price can be found with the course information. If you are entitled to a reduction (67+ or jobseekers with Kela dole: code 02 and 07), it should be applied for before the course starting date and prior to payment. More about applying on our homepage. The instructions are in Finnish. Reductions are not granted after payment. If you register for a course after it has started, you must take your application for a reduction to the office immediately on the same day that you register.
You can pay the course online via Paytrail when registering or later before the course begins or by the bill received after the course has begun.
After registering online, follow the link to your online bank via Paytrail. After paying, wait until you are returned to the registration page. You should receive an email confirming your payment. Please note that if payment is interrupted, the banking system reference codes cannot be used.
You can pay by going through the payment link that you receive in your confirmation email no later than a day before the first course starts. Remember to wait to be returned to the registration page after paying.
You can pay by bill. The bill is sent on the day after the course has begun. Every course student will be billed separately. Please note that there will be an additional 5 € charge for every bill sent.
Please note that if you pay by your ePass or Smartum you cannot choose language courses or the courses of subject relating the knowledge. Read more on our homepage.
Those students on the waiting list who receive a place before the course starts, can pay for the course via the link which they receive in their confirmation message but only after they have confirmed their place at the office. Alternatively, they can wait for a bill.
7. Failure to pay for the course or informing the teacher does not constitute cancellation. Free cancellations are only possible if made at the latest 7 days before the course begins.
Cancellations can be made by using the ‘My registrations’ function on the enrolment service page, by SMS, by email or by bringing a written cancellation to the office.
You can cancel the enrolment by sending your personal and course information to email@example.com or by SMS (+358 40 806 2365 or +358 40 133 1463). Write down your name, phone number, address, and name of the course.
A Written cancellation can be brought to the offices at Sampola in Tampere and at Koulutuskeskus Valo in Ylöjärvi.
We do not receive cancellations via phone.
Keep a record of your cancellation. If the course begins in less than 7 days, a 20 € administrative fee must be paid. The entire course fee must be paid If the course is cancelled after it has started.
A course fee of 20 € will be charged if a Sara Hildén -akatemia course student fails to appear or drops out of the course before the third lesson. Otherwise, the course must be paid in full.
Additional information can be found on our homepage.
Unpaid bills are transferred to Lowell Suomi Oy who will send payment reminders. The course fee is eligible for direct recovery.
8. If a student has a prior unpaid course fee, they or their underage family member do not have the right to study at Tampereen seudun työväenopisto. Työväenopisto retains the right to cancel a course place which has been granted erroneously. If this happens, the student will be contacted by the office.
9. Students will not be sent any further separate invitation to the course nor will they normally be sent any course material before the start of the course. Työväenopisto will be in contact only if the course is cancelled or a student on the waiting list has received a place on the course. Places on the course are offered via text message or email. Keep your contact information updated and make sure to check your inbox frequently.
Make sure to allow cookies in order for the webpages to work properly.
Customer service helps you with all questions related to registration. Office hours can be found on the homepage www.tampere.fi/tyovaenopisto.