If the authorities order contact teaching to be suspended or impose restrictions on gatherings and thus prohibit normal group teaching, the courses will either be cancelled, postponed or held partly or completely via distance teaching. The course fee that has already been paid will be returned only if the course is cancelled as a whole. Part of the fee will be returned only if the course fee changes to a lower fee category because the number of hours on the course is reduced, and the sum due to be returned is at least 10 €. If the teaching groups must be temporarily divided into smaller teaching groups because of the restrictions on gatherings, the course fees will not be returned, even if the amount of contact teaching received by an individual student may be less than planned.
1. When you register for a course you make a commitment to pay the course fee. The fees will be invoiced according to the registration.
2. The course fee will be collected by sending an invoice to the student's home address. You will ensure your right to study by paying the course fee by the due date. Invoices that are not paid will be sent directly to an enforcement authority.
3. If you choose to cancel a course, the cancellation must be made 5 workdays before the beginning of the course at the latest, by contacting the Adult Education Centre office (tel. 0207 738 733). Your cancellation ensures that the students on the reserve list will get a place on the course and you can avoid getting an invoice yourself.
4. You can attend a lengthy course, which lasts for the whole term or the whole academic year, free of charge ONCE, and it is the FIRST meeting of the course. NB! If you decide to stop attending the course after the first meeting, you must inform the Adult Education Centre office within one week (7 days). If you do not inform the office, you will get an invoice for the course which you must pay. We will send invoices to all those who are registered on a course at the time of invoicing.
5. If you cannot attend the first meeting of a lengthy course but you would like to attend it later on free of charge, do not register for it until one week before attending it. If you wish to cancel the course after attending it once, do the same as in no. 4.
6. There is no chance of attending shorter courses free of charge, and the invoices will be sent according to the registration.
7. If you attend a course twice, you must pay the course fee, even if you stop going to the course later on.
8. We will not send the students who have registered any extra information about the course or any teaching material before the course starts. The office will contact the students only if the course is cancelled, the starting date or time changes or you get a place on the course from the reserve list.
9. You will find instructions on how to register for a course by clicking the green button ? Instructions on the left.
1. Staff benefits provided by employers are personal, which means you can only pay your own course fee with it, not e.g. the fee of your family member.
2. The payment has to cover the whole course fee. We do not send partial invoices, and you cannot pay in cash. The Adult Education Centre office has no payment terminals. The teachers do not accept Smartum or ePassi payments.
3. When you register choose ”I pay with Smartum” or ”I pay with ePassi” in the paymentmethod field.
4. Bring the Smartum coupons to the Adult Education Centre office or pay with ePassi at the office within two weeks from the beginning of the course. Short or weekend courses must be paid 5 days before the course starts.
5. We do not accept Smartum coupons or ePassi payments after invoicing a student for a course.
6. If the student makes a cancellation, the Adult Education Centre does not return the course fees that have been paid with Smartum or ePassi.