TO REGISTER FOR A COURSE, PROCEED AS FOLLOWS:
All the courses open for online registration on June 12, 2017. In this academic year, the Autumn Term courses are indicated with an ”a”, and the Spring Term courses with a ”b” after the course number.
You can register either for the Autumn Term or the Spring Term only, or simultaneously for both.
- You can browse courses by clicking the COURSES button on the left or the SEARCH button in the top right-hand corner. You can search for courses by course number, course title, teacher, or DEPARTMENT, i.e. geographical location, (Lappeenranta, Joutseno, Luumäki, Ylämaa).
- If you register for Autumn and/or Spring Term courses and pay for all the courses simultaneously, proceed as follows:
1. Place the Autumn Term course(s) and/or Spring Term course(s) you want to register for in the shopping cart.
2. Fill in all the personal details required (including your social security number) carefully.
3. Click the SEND button.
4. Pay the course fee(s).
- Alternatively, if you register for the Autumn Term courses and Spring Term courses simultaneously and at this point only want to pay the Autumn Term course fee(s), proceed as follows:
1. Place the Autumn Term course(s) in the shopping cart, fill in the personal details required (including your social security number), click the SEND button and pay the course fee(s).
2. To then register for the Spring Term course(s), go back to registering, place the Spring Term course(s) you have selected in the shopping cart, fill in the personal details and click the SEND button. Do not pay the course fee(s) yet.
3. To receive the payment details, contact the admin office by email, phone or by calling at the office and pay by Nov 30
(27 Pohjolankatu; GSM 044 566 4553; toimisto(at)ekko.fi).
If you register for the spring term course and choose not to pay for it during the registration, you will have to pay by Nov 30 to keep your place on the course. If you have not paid for the course by the stated date, or made arrangements concerning the payment options, your place will be given to another student on Dec 1. Note that paying by invoice is not possible. We will not send you a reminder of the due date, either.
If you have paid for the spring term course, and for any reason, are not able to attend the course, you can get a full refund provided you cancel within 7 days before the start date of the course; otherwise, a €10 cancellation fee applies.
- If the personal details form does not pop up automatically, click the SHOPPING CART button in the left-hand corner. Fill in all the personal details carefully, and click the SEND button.
- To return to the start page click the HOME button. For more information concerning the registration click the INSTRUCTIONS button. After paying, you can check your registration details by clicking the YOUR REGISTRATION button.
- If you cannot find the course you want to sign up for, even if it is listed in the printed course booklet, it means that the course you are looking for has been cancelled due to insufficient enrolment numbers, for example.
- Please note that the course fee must be paid online as part of the registration process (make sure you have your bank`s user ID and password at hand). The payment is transferred through Paytrail into the Etelä-Karjalan kansalaisopisto`s bank account. If you do not use online banking, you can also register by visiting our office at 27 Pohjolankatu, 53100 Lappeenranta. Paying by invoice is not possible.
- You can also pay by ePass (make sure you have your user ID and password at hand). Payment by a Tyky voucher can only be made by visiting the admin office.
- If you register for an OS course, you need to fill in the training voucher application form to claim the discount. You can do this either online (see FURTHER INFO in the course description) or at the admin office. The deducted sum will be returned to your bank account afterwards.
- Note that if payment is not made in 20 minutes after registering, your registration will be removed from the system, and you will have to start the registration process again.
- When the registration is complete, a confirmation screen will pop up.
- If the course is already full, you can register to be put on a waiting list. Write down the registration number so you can check which courses you have registered for.
- To get a full refund of the course fee, you must cancel no later than seven days prior to the start date of the course by notifying the admin office at 27 Pohjolankatu. Otherwise a cancellation fee of €10 will apply. For our cancellation policy, see Course fees, terms of cancellation and discounts.
- We will contact you only in the event a course you have signed up for is cancelled or if we are able to offer you a place from the waiting list. We will not send any information or course materials to the students prior to the start of the course.